Sunday, April 29, 2007

Christian Community

This morning I went to Calvary Baptist Church in Pensacola with my buddy Jess. He's only been in town for a month and he is buddies with everyone in the church! I must have met 25 extremely friendly, godly people at church and at a friend's birthday party afterwards. I've never walked into a church and had so many people introduce themselves and have honest, down to earth conversation. It made me realize what a Christian community can really be. I hope someday I'll get to settle down into an encouraging community like the one Jess has.

In other news, I finally made it to Mennonite Disaster Service in Pass Christian Mississippi and they've set me up in a big, comfy mobile home with bunk beds. I feel like I'm way out in the country here, but I'm told they have some beautiful beaches about 5 minutes away. Hopefully I'll get to investigate this before the weekend...

It looks like there will be about 20 other people here ranging from age 20 to 65. Orientation starts in about 20 minutes, where I'll get to figure out what I'll be up to this week. The most important item of note: the basketball hoop.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so glad to see that you made it down safely! We miss you!!