Saturday, April 28, 2007

Journey Complete... Almost

Depart Washington, DC 7:45am. Arrive Pensacola, FL 3:15am eastern time. I had a great trip, and I've never been so thankful for my iPod.

I was hoping to post a picture of Charlotte when I stopped there, but couldn't find a WiFi connection. Everything was so clean and modern. It seemed like such a great Arlington-esque young town that wish I could have spent the night there.
I chose to cruise through Atlanta without stopping because it was getting so late, but I have to say that driving through the middle of the city at 70mph on that 16 lane highway, right underneath all the skyscrapers is surreal. I would have stuck my camera out the window and tried to capture the moment, but the camera was out of juice.

I intentionally held out on eating dinner until I got to Alabama, hoping to maximize the southern deliciousness of my meal. I pigged out in the little town of Opalika, Alabama. Apparently I have an accent... I asked for water. I got butter. I didn't complain. I also learned that in Alabama, baked potatos are the size of a watermelons. I wish my camera still had batteries so I could have posted a picture. It killed me for the last leg of my journey. I seriously struggled for those last 3 hours because of all the tasty food in my belly.

As delicious as Opalika was, it still was no Hard Times. Someone mail me some grilled Texas wings!

No comments: