Friday, August 24, 2007

Literature Update

Before I catch up on my trip to Kawai and my vacation week in Machu Pichu, I'll fill everyone in on a couple good books I've finished recently.

Saddam's Secrets by Georges Strada is a book written by a Christian Iraqi Air Force General who served under Saddam Hussein. As much as I dislike politics, the book was pretty interesting. It gives a good perspective of what it was like to live under Saddam's regime, and the story it tells is different from what is shown on the media. I definitely recommend this one - I read it in about 3 days, so that has to say something...

And along the same serious political lines, I just finished the latest Harry Potter. It was a little slow and frustrating in the beginning as all Harry Potter books are, but it was very entertaining. I was surprised to be quite satisfied in how the series was wrapped up.

No comments: