Friday, July 20, 2007

Adventure Pics

Finally back in Lima, safe and sound, after a wonderful week at Kusi. But before I tell you about Kusi, I'm going to post the pics that go along with story I posted a week ago.

Here's a line of buses stopped in the middle of the night, probably at the first blockade.

Angry Scots, trapped on a bus.

Here's a shot of the town we were stuck in for about a day.

I think this is just before we set off walking. A group of buses moved to the main town square.


I wasn't crazy enough to take pictures along the walk past the strikers, but if I had been crazy, you would see a shot of a blockaded bridge, and another of several fires in the hills above us.

Instead we skip ahead to the nice people with the Gloria van that helped us for a short while.

Next is the cattle truck that Magic Johnson requisitioned for us.
Angry Scots in a cattle truck.

When the cattle truck finally got us to the hotel, we got to shower and rest. The next day we got to take in this view of Huaraz and the mountainside from the top of the hotel.

After two nights in the hotel, the strike was over, but in most places only a single lane was cleared for cars. In this photo of our trip from Huaraz to Kusi, you can see the rocks in the road through the windshield of the bus.
Finally we got to Kusi.


I'll explain all about what Kusi is, and tell you all about the folks there, but I'm going to need lots of time, so here's a shot of the mountains behind Kusi (I forget what they're called). But if you check out my flickr page, you'll see approximately one million pictures of them.

No comments: