Thursday, May 31, 2007

Estoy en Perú

I arrived in Perú late last night and am totally exhausted after day 1. I have some pictures and I am far too lazy right now to post them, but I'll try to get them up before I leave my first trip to a worksite.

Humbling experience número uno - inability to communicate with people once I entered my transfer point in Bógota. I now realize just how much I've taken for granted my communication and people skills, because they're pretty much useless at this point... Hopefully that will take a turn for the better as my Spanish improves. I think I might be so tired right now because I spent all day trying incredibly hard to understand what everyone was telling me.

It was still a great day. Billy took me to the Scripture Union office, showed me around Lima a bit, gave me some orientation reading material, and I got to meet with Manuél, who I will probably be helping with the financials in the SU office. I also got a look at my tentative schedule, which has me leaving for the work sites in a couple days! So I apologize if I go abruptly silent for two weeks. Hopefully I'll get an opportunity to get to an internet cafe while I'm out there.

Ok. I lied about being too lazy to put up pics. You faithful readers deserve something exotic and something cute.

The presidential palace in Lima.

Most adorable little girl in history, Faith.

Hope you like the accents and such from this crazy Peruvian keyboard. ¿ñ°

No comments: