Monday, May 14, 2007

Reflections on Mississippi

I arrived in DC last night after 15.5 straight hours of driving. Luckily I have access to my own personal trainer, KC, who did something amazing to relieve the pain in my back.

Right now I'm actually sitting in my car, tapping into Arlington WiFi, eagerly awaiting Hard Times at 6:30. Mouth watering pics to follow...

Everyone's been asking me how I enjoyed my trip. I have to say it was fantastic. I really wish I had planned ahead and organized a group of people to go because that's the only way it could have been more fun. I loved being away from TV and bars and all the other things I use to waste time.

The best time of each day was just after dinner, as the day was winding down. We'd sit on the porch and chat or read. There didn't need to be activities every night - we just enjoyed the weather, the outdoors, and each other. They also had a bball and vball court, which came in handy every few days. And of course, I met some great people, and I'm going to do my best to keep them part of my life.

I'm thinking about getting a group together and going back in late summer or fall when I come back from Peru. If anyone is interested in taking a trip on their own, the website is www.mennonitedisasterservice.com. My site was Pass Christian, MS. I encourage everyone to take a trip.


Frog ==>

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

People should read this.