Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Memorial Day Vball

Since I'm not going to be around for my parents' yearly July 4 bash, we had an impromptu get together yesterday for Memorial Day. Played some good basketball and volleyball. Highlight of the day: my game winning spike directly to Mr. Alcaro's testicles.

Here are the guys, including bearded Jared.

I also sent out an email this weekend describing what I'll be doing in Peru and how you can contribute. If you'd like to contribute but did not get the email, let me know and I'll forward you the information. Once I get down to Peru, I'm also going to post a wish list for basic necessities that the boys need down there. First I need to get an address and instructions for sending those things.

3 comments:

cindy ryan said...

Hi - this is Cindy [the cook] from the Univest Group. Thanks for all of your updates - they are keeping the mission alive for us up here. I also want to say thanks for your updates on the family who lost their child. I can not imagine how hard that was. Keeping them in my thoughts and prayers. And on a silly note, the Mr. Alcaro you refer to -- any relation to Donna or Tony? I grew up with them. Tony and his family go to church with me. Just wanted to check in and say hi. I don't have much, but may be able to send a little bit of help to get you to Peru. My number is 215-721-2515 at work. Hope all is well. Thanks again for the updates.
Cindy Ryan - Univest Crew

Jared said...

Pretty sure Joe Alcaro is the brother of Tony Alcaro.

Anonymous said...

Nice pic. I almost forgot how beautiful my smile was. I love Colch.